Want to Join our Team?
We are always on the lookout for new Science Education Officers.
As an Education Officer, you will:
- Present Science shows and workshops in various locations around south-east Queensland (up to 90 mins from Brisbane), including schools, vacation care centres, early childhood education centres, and occasionally public events
- Maintain equipment and supplies
- Develop new Science programs
The role may also include occasional administrative tasks as required.
As we work mostly in schools and educational settings, most work would take place during weekdays, but some weekend work may be required.
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- A love of Science. Not a mild interest. Love.
- A passion for education and working with children. Educating kids is what you were born to do.
- Excellent presentation skills in front of children. And we do mean excellent. You will be working with children aged from 3 through to high school. You need to be able to engage, relate, entertain, manage and educate.
- The ability to adapt. This is the sort of role where things often can not go to plan. So if you can’t think on your feet, adapt to the situation and still put your best face on, then this isn’t the role for you.
We are a family run business, and pride ourselves on providing a supportive, inclusive and flexible work environment.
We offer part-time or casual positions.
Skills and experience
Tertiary qualification in Science, Education, Communication, or a related field (a formal teaching qualification is preferable but isn’t essential)
Experience working with children in an educational setting
Demonstrated excellent understanding of and enthusiasm for Science and Education
Demonstrated excellent presentation skills, especially in front of children
Organised, adaptable, and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
Blue card or equivalent
Current Australian driver’s licence and your own reliable vehicle